Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Deserve A Badge

talking.jpg

I give this to myself for all the stupid questions I get asked and the gracious answers I give when others ask me why I knit socks when I can just buy them. I've been knitting a lot at my dad's hospital bedside lately and the calming effects of knitting sure help when you want to kill a nurse when they have Dad on a day and a half worth of clear liquids for a CAT scan that never happens until you park yourself right in front of the nurses' station until the Barium comes.
By the way, for those of you wondering about my dad's reaction to his gift, he thought the Hemlock Ring Blanket looked like something more for a woman. That's all I got. Go visit Cast-On and get a badge - you probably deserve one too...

4 comments:

Angie said...

You deserve more than a badge. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts. Those of us who are sock knitters, so get what you are saying. So glad that knitting is helping you through these tough days Donna.

Liz said...

Donna - Sometimes the people we love the most just can't appreciate the love we give. Whether those gifts are gently hand crafted or made by the steely force of presence. You are amazing. Thinking of you - Liz

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).