I joined my first SP! Here's my info:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I haven't met a yarn I didn't like, but I'd have to say that lately I'm loving fingering weight yarns, and hand dyed and/or hand spun yarns. I also want to try soy and other non-wool fibers. Acrylic and Fun Fur make me cranky.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use retro 1950s bright fuschia metal highball glass that was my grandma's. I had lots of soda in that cup when I was young. My circs are in their packages until I figure out another method of storage.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I started knitting very young, probably around 6, but stopped for a long period of time. I quilted for a while but now knitting is back with a vengance. I just got into it more heavily in the last 18 months. I guess I'm an intermediate knitter, better than beginner because I'll try anything, but not advanced because I'm slow.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Check my sidebar for my Amazon and Wist Wish Lists. I also have Etsy favorites but I need to drag those to my Wist list, because I can't figure out how to post my Etsy faves.
5. What's your favorite scent? I have many. Sometimes though just plain clean is my favorite.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? DARK CHOCOLATE!!!!!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Quilting (although knitting has buried it, R.I.P.), cooking, gardening, some beading. Haven't caught the spinning or felting bug - yet.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love any current or classic rock, metal, classical, and jazz. I speak MP3 or CD.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I'm partial to red, but not crazy about bright yellow or bright orange. Love earth-tones.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married for almost 19 years to a terrific guy, 2 girls 15 and 4, 1 boy 9, a Portuguese Water Dog named Lola and some fish (husband's).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, no mittens but gloves/ wristwarmers, and no ponchos since 2003...
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, Shawls, scarves, sweaters - pretty much in that order.
13. What are you knitting right now? HA! A Storm Water Scarf, Wicked sweater, wristwarmers, Celtic Vest, and a few other items in bags I don't want to think about right now...
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? ABSOLUTELY! The best!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular or straight bamboo, or other wood but lately I'm jazzed by addi turbos. No other metals are fun for my hands though.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Knitted - 18 months (Quilted - 12 years...)
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas although it can be too much work... I get my Irish up on St. Pat's too.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Needles, vintage sewing items, teapots, Depression Glass.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I'd love to get some Lorna's Laces, Socks That Rock yarn, and more knitting books. Need some Zimmerman.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair-Isle, Intarsia, mastering continental, more elaborate lace.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? YES! I wear a 9, length is 9", circumference 8", ankle 9" (skinny chick...)
23. When is your birthday? July 13th.